We want to tell you clearly and simply how we look after the information you give us – and this is where we tell you what we do.
At GreenAcres we collect different types of information about you for five main reasons:
1. To provide answers to your questions and deliver information that you have requested
2. To enable us to deliver the services you request
3. For internal record keeping
4. To talk to you about the other services we offer where we have the appropriate permissions
5. To obtain feedback from you
1. About us
1. The protection of your privacy and personal information is important to us. We make sure that not only do we have appropriate security measures in place, but that any other organisation we work with to provide a service also meets the same standard as us.
2. We will respect your privacy. You should receive emails only from us. We will make sure that the boxes you need to tick if you are happy to receive marketing are presented clearly and at an appropriate time.
3. We will make it clear at the point when we request your information, what we are collecting it for and how we are going to use it.
4. We will collect and use your personal information only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to deliver the service you have requested.
5. We will minimise the amount of information we collect from you to what we need to deliver the services you have requested.
6. We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
7. We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
8. Our websites are accessible via the internet. Please remember that if you post any comments or links on any of our sites that they can be read and accessed by anyone and everyone.
9. If we, our service providers, or our commercial partners transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant legal instruments or permissions being in place.
What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
We collect information on you:
1. when you ask us to deliver a service
2. when you contact us for information
3. when you sign up for a newsletter
4. when you use the website
5. through cookies
6. if you choose to reveal information in postings
7. if you complete your details on research questionnaires.
Why we collect data
We have to tell you the reason for collecting your information – and this is called the legal basis for processing.
- Where you provide information in the course of a booking we process your data under Contract, i.e. your data is necessary to fulfil the service you are paying for.
- Any additional contact, i.e. telling you about relevant events that you may wish to participate in, is managed under legitimate interest.
- Sending you additional information such as our regular newsletter is managed under consent.
Under the terms of current data protection legislation, we will always make it as easy as possible for you to opt out of unwanted processing, providing it does not restrict our ability to provide you with the service you have requested.
From time to time we may use some elements of the data you supply to target the messages we send you. For example,
we may use appropriate anniversary dates to send you details of specific events.
None of this information is collated by wholly automated means and the rights and freedoms of the data subject are
safeguarded by suitable measures.
How long do you hold on to my data?
Because we collect data for a wide range of purposes, we do not have a singularly defined retention period. For each individual product and service we define a carefully assessed timeframe within which we retain your data. For example, we are obliged by legislation to keep details of any financial transactions for seven years.
After this, data is managed to ensure that it is either erased from our system, minimised and retained for legal reasons or pseudonymised eg: names replaced with reference numbers, and retained on a global suppression list to ensure that you do not receive unwanted messaging from us.
2. When you ask us to deliver a service
The minimum information we need from you at the first point of contact is your name, and address, landline telephone number and email address. We will ask you more questions in order to deliver the service you are requesting. Unless we say otherwise, you must answer all the booking questions.
We will process data collected for the purpose of fulfilling the service you have requested on the basis of contract. We will also, on the basis of legitimate interest, contact you at appropriate times to enable you to participate in events at a GreenAcres Group site should you wish to do so. You always have a choice and can opt out of processing on this basis at any time by contacting us by email on [email protected]
3. Other uses of your data
We do not sell or share your data at any time, with the exception of data which we have to provide to statutory bodies under our legal obligations.
4. Updating your personal information
Under current data privacy legislation, you have the right to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your data without undue delay. You may also request access to the data we hold on you. Please note, that in the context of the services we provide, some data cannot be erased or rectified due to current legal obligations.
5. Who we share data with
We do not and will not, sell or share your information at any time to anyone else for marketing purposes.
Generally speaking, we don’t share your information with anyone else because you are very precious to us. If we need to for any reason, we will let you know in advance, unless someone in a legal capacity tells us we can’t.
Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your information and keep to data-protection and privacy laws which apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards.
We may use service providers to help us run these sites (or services available on the sites), some of whom may be based outside the EEA or countries deemed adequate by the European Data Protection Board (EDPB).
7. Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics on our sites for anonymous reporting of site usage. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behaviour on our sites please use this link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
|Name of Park||Address of Park|
|Chiltern||Potkiln Lane, Jordans, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, HP9 2XB|
|Colney||Watton Road, Colney, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7TY|
|Epping Forest||Kiln Road, North Weald, Epping, Essex, CM16 6AD|
|Heatherley Wood||Grayshott Road, Headley Down, Bordon, Hampshire GU35 8LA|
|Rainford||Blindfoot Road, Rainford, St Helens, Merseyside, WA11 7HX|
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s office – our registration number is ZA250549
The following parks are within GreenAcres Kemnal Park Ltd registered in England and Wales under Company number 07190287 (the “Burial and Maintenance Company”) with the registered office at Empire House, 175 Piccadilly, London W1J 9EN
|Name of Park||Address of Park|
|Kemnal Park||A20 Sidcup Bypass, Near Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 6RR|
|Eternal Gardens||A20 Sidcup Bypass, Near Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 6RR|
The ultimate owner for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions is Butterfield Bank (Guernsey) Limited a company incorporated in Guernsey registered number 21061) whose registered office is at Regency Court Glategny Esplanade St Peter Port Guernsey GY1 3AP (“BBGL”) as trustee for Darwin Bereavement Properties (Guernsey) Limited and Rose Nominees Limited A/C 608193 a company registered in Guernsey (registered number 21255) whose registered office is a PO Box 25 Regency Court Glategny Esplanade St Peter Port Guernsey GY1 3AP as bare trustee of BBGL.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s office – our registration number is ZA377749.
Our data privacy support is provided by: Data Oversight Ltd, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU, for all our companies.
9. Your right to complain
If you are not satisfied with the way your request was handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – details of which are given below:
Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Telephone: +44 303 123 1113
10. Changes we have made to our privacy promise
If we make changes to this document we will show you what they are here. If these changes are significant, we may also choose to email relevant individuals with new details. If we are required by law, we will obtain your consent to make these changes.
Changes to this policy by date. Your right to complain
August 2020 – New company privacy promise created.
May 2018 – New company privacy promise created.