Customer Service Advisor, part time (Chiltern)
Salary: £21k to £22k pro-rata subject to experience
Hours per week: 22.5hrs per week, over a flexible working contract (includes weekends)
Job Type: Permanent part-time position
Location: This role is based at GreenAcres Chiltern, Potkiln Lane, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire.
Our vision is to be recognised by families and partners as the leading cemetery and ceremonial service provider in the UK, changing the face of the industry in which we operate.
We therefore promise to provide a personalised service in a unique and caring environment for all our families and we are looking for exceptional people to join our team.
It’s all about delivering excellent customer service. If you’re looking for a role that will offer you variety, the opportunity to meet people, and an amazing location to work in, we’ve got the job for you. As a Customer Service Advisor in our business, you will be involved in delivering the highest standard of customer service, engaging with our families, Funeral Directors and Arrangers, making them feel welcome, with your compassion and care.
Skills and qualifications
To be part of a successful team in this varied role, you’ll need to have:
- The highest standard of customer care and the ability to find ways to improve a customer’s experience
- The ability to work with a variety of people, Customers, Funeral Directors, Suppliers and our team
- High standards of presentation and an eye for detail when delivering our hospitality
- Genuine enthusiasm, sensitivity and compassion for working with people during a very difficult time
- Constantly striving to achieve targets through effectively helping customers, meeting their needs fully and exceeding their expectations
- The ability to record all financial and non-financial information quickly and accurately – right first time
- Take responsibility for a number of administration duties to including the raising of purchase orders
- Ensuring all company procedures regarding H&S, security and welfare are maintained at all times
- Work well under pressure and a strong team player
- A flexible and can-do attitude
If you feel you have the relevant skills and empathy to be part of a business whose purpose is to change the face of the industry in the UK, come and work with us. Please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV and covering letter, including your email address and telephone number, as soon as possible.
Short listing is carried out objectively by assessing the information you provide against the requirements of the job as set out in the vacancy details. If you are short listed, you will be contacted and invited to attend an interview. However, due to the high number of applications received, should you not hear from us within 48hrs after the closing date your application will have been unsuccessful.
You will be notified in writing of the next stage in the recruitment process, and we will also tell you the details of what to expect at the interview.
Compliance Eligibility to Work in the UK. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working at GreenAcres. In reaching a decision we will take into account; the nature of the work, the circumstances and background of the offence(s) and time elapsed.
We only accept applications with a covering letter. If you require a reasonable adjustment or other assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact Marisa Isaacs on 01494 872158. Closing date: 1st February 2022.
GreenAcres appoints on merit.