For over ten years we have been offering people a greater choice in burial and funeral services for those looking for something less stark than a traditional cemetery. We do this through the management of the woodland in all our parks and by offering impeccable service to the people who use us.
Mindful of the environment in which we operate we have a small section in the park, where people who wish to bury the ashes of their pet’s can do so in the peaceful and tranquil environment of the woodland using the pets-only areas allocated.
What is the process?
- Come and take a look around the park and visit the pets-only area
- When you are ready, simply visit the main park reception, agree your pet’s ashes burial date and make your payment
- On the day, we will prepare the plot ready for the ashes burial and one of the woodland team will be on hand to help where needed
What is the price?
The price to bury the ashes of your pet is £100 with no extra or hidden costs and no VAT.
Ways to Remember Your Pet
As well as a certificate given to you to remember the place that your beloved pet’s ashes are buried, you can also choose to remember them by writing a personal message in the Pets’ Book of Memories held at the park, should you wish to do so.
Terms and conditions
- We accept the ashes of all pets up to the size of a large dog
- The burial of pets ashes only take place in our specially designated pets area
- Once payment has been received there are no refunds
- To maintain the natural features of the woodland, memorials are not permitted in the pets-only area
- Pet ashes need to be buried in bio-degradable urns so please check with the pet crematorium they can do this. If you they don’t supply bio-degradable urns we can provide one for you for a small additional charge
- The purchase of a place in the pets only area of one of the parks, grants you full access to the park and its facilities and gives you right of burial in that area of the park only
In addition to the burial of the ashes we can also offer a pet’s memory casket while you decide where in the woodland you want your pet’s ashes to be buried. These beautiful caskets are made from pure British wool from the Hainsworth Mills in Cheshire. The wool is currently used in the manufacture of Saville Row suits because of its gentle feel and it is this very soft and touchable element that Hainsworth have captured in the pets casket.
Inside the casket you will find a sturdy cardboard container to place your beloved pets ashes whilst the rest of the space can be used to store the special mementoes you might have – a collar, a favourite toy, brush or photographs.
When you are ready you can either bury the cardboard section with the ashes inside and keep the casket full of the mementos, or simply keep the casket at home until you are ready to return to the woodland for a final goodbye.
Pets caskets start at £45.00
Walking through the woodland is something that Rosemary did with Milo every day. Now she walks alone through the trees but not quite as Milo’s ashes are now buried under one of the old oaks. Even though saying goodbye was terribly difficult being able to come to a peaceful woodland like those they enjoyed so much together has helped Rosemary come to terms with the loss of her beloved friend.
“He was so very much a part of my life, and I miss him dearly. Being able to come and walk through the woodland makes me feel as if a part of him is still with me. The most difficult part has been acknowledging the gap left in my life. I wanted to do something special as I had his ashes in the house for nearly a year. I just hadn’t found a place that could honour how much he meant to me. Finding a woodland close by to where I live was perfect and in some ways such a relief. I visit regularly, mostly at weekends so I can feel close to him. It means so much more than just having the ashes on the sideboard at home. Milo would have loved these woodlands”.