Wednesday 15th July 2020
The health and safety of visitors to our parks and the welfare of our teams is of great importance to the GreenAcres Group. We are also keen to continue to meet the needs of our families, Officiants, Celebrants and Funeral Directors.
Our Health and Safety Manager has been reviewing guidance, internal policies and procedures, risk assessments and has kept in constant dialogue with Public Health England, industry bodies and our colleagues in both the public and private sector.
Our risk assessments have been reviewed in line with our phased recovery plans at each of our venues, in accordance with Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE), PHSE and HSE to allow all GreenAcres to facilitate mourners socially distanced with risks safely mitigated.
From the beginning of the social distancing guidance, we have worked at keeping our teams and families safe.
Attendees at funeral services
- Attendees at funerals now includes extended family and friends which provides the opportunity to increase attendance numbers where risks have been mitigated
- Household groups can cluster together inside our halls and maintain a distance from other attendees
- It is now mandatory to wear a face mask or covering within our buildings
- If a mourner feels unwell and is showing signs of COVID-19, as per the Government guidelines, they must not attend
- Our venues offer the option of live streaming which may be preferable for vulnerable members of public
- To assist the NHS Test & Trace programme regarding the containment of the Covid-19 outbreak we are asking Funeral Directors to record the name and contact details of the lead Applicant arranging the funeral service. All information supplied will be disposed of confidentially 21 days after the funeral service has taken place
- All GreenAcres venues are well ventilated, with windows and doors open where sensible
- We provide generous time in between services to enable our teams to conduct a thorough disinfecting clean of the room, furniture and facilities
- From the beginning of the social distancing guidance, GreenAcres have introduced split teams to reduce the risk of cross-contamination in the event of an outbreak
- Perspex screens have been erected in all our reception areas and office spaces for the safety and welfare of partners, visitors and our teams
- We have COVID-19 related signage on display at each of our venues, disinfectant and decontamination electro-static fogging, hand sanitisers, hand washing facilities and provide PPE for all GreenAcres employees
Our teams as always, are here to help. We look forward to continuing to support our families with the best possible service in the most difficult of times.
Andy Tait, CEO, GreenAcres Cemeteries & Ceremonial Parks