Grounds Technician, Rainford
Location: GreenAcres Rainford, St Helens, WA11 7HX
Job type: 37.5 per week, over a flexible working contract (includes weekends)
Our vision is to be recognised by families and partners as the leading cemetery and ceremonial service provider in the UK, changing the face of the industry in which we operate. We therefore promise to provide a personalised service in a unique and caring environment for all our families and we are looking for an exceptional Grounds Technician to join our team, based at GreenAcres Rainford, St Helens, WA11 7HX.
If you are looking for a role that will offer you variety, the opportunity to meet people, and an amazing location to work in, we have got the job for you. As a Grounds Technician, you will work as part of the team to implement the site management plan and to provide a safe and appealing woodland environment for a meaningful and enhanced customer experience.
Skills and Qualifications
To be a successful Grounds Technician in this varied role, you will need:
- A good standard of customer care and the ability to promote the highest standard of professionalism
- The ability to work under pressure and maintain personal deadlines in line with the delivery of projects, such as for key events, seasonal planting, coppicing, creation of prestige areas
- Genuine enthusiasm, sensitivity, and compassion for working with people during a very difficult time
- The ability to complete all duties relating to grounds maintenance, including digging of graves, ash interments, and ash scatterings
- To be able to work with the office team to assist with the building set up for services and events.
- Complete tree maintenance; felling, coppicing, pruning & chipping
- Ensure all “landscaping” is completed, including planting, tree management, hedges, shrubs etc.
- Maintenance of buildings, facilities, equipment, site furniture, and boiler
- Perform a number of administrative duties; controlling stocks of materials and products required for the grounds, digging tickets, and other admin duties
- Ensuring all company procedures regarding H&S, risk assessments, first aid, safety procedures, safe storage of equipment, company property, security and the welfare for others are maintained at all times
This is a full-time permanent role, 37.5 hours per week. The salary for the role is £20,000 depending on experience; other benefits will include Enhanced Company Pension, Life Insurance, Health Care Plan, Employee Reward Scheme and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Shortlisting is carried out objectively by assessing the information you provide against the requirements of the job as set out in the vacancy details. If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted and invited to attend an interview. However, due to the high number of applications received, should you not hear from us within 48hrs after the closing date, your application will have been unsuccessful.
You will be notified in writing of the next stage in the recruitment process, and we will also tell you the details of what to expect at the interview.
Requirements: Compliance Eligibility to Work in the UK
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working at GreenAcres. In reaching a decision, we will take into account the nature of the work, the circumstances and background of the offence(s), and time elapsed.
We only accept applications with a covering letter. If you require a reasonable adjustment or other assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example, due to disability, please contact the HR department on 0208 300 9790.
GreenAcres appoint on merit.