Grounds Technician, Heatherley Wood (Cemetery)
Location: GreenAcres Heatherley Wood, Grayshott Road, Headley Down, Bordon, Hants GU35 8LA.
Job type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent
Our vision is to be recognised by families and partners as the leading cemetery and ceremonial service provider in the UK, changing the face of the industry in which we operate. We therefore promise to provide a personalised service in a unique and caring environment for all our families and we are looking for an exceptional Grounds Technician to join our team, based at Heatherley Wood park, Bordon, Hants .
If you are looking for a role that will offer you variety, the opportunity to meet people, and an amazing location to work in, we have got the job for you. As a Grounds Technician, you will work as part of the team to implement the site management plan and to provide a safe and appealing woodland environment for a meaningful and enhanced customer experience.
Skills and Qualifications
To be a successful Grounds Technician in this varied role, you will need:
- A good standard of customer care and the ability to promote the highest standard of professionalism
- The ability to work under pressure and maintain personal deadlines in line with the delivery of projects, such as for key events, seasonal planting, coppicing, creation of prestige areas
- Genuine enthusiasm, sensitivity, and compassion for working with people during a very difficult time
- The ability to complete all duties relating to grounds maintenance, including digging of graves, ash interments, and ash scatterings
- To be able to work with the office team to assist with the building set up for services and events.
- Complete tree maintenance; felling, coppicing, pruning & chipping
- Ensure all “landscaping” is completed, including planting, tree management, hedges, shrubs etc.
- Maintenance of buildings, facilities, equipment, site furniture, and boiler
- Perform a number of administrative duties; controlling stocks of materials and products required for the grounds, digging tickets, and other admin duties
- Ensuring all company procedures regarding H&S, risk assessments, first aid, safety procedures, safe storage of equipment, company property, security and the welfare for others are maintained at all times
This is a full-time permanent role, 37.5 hours per week. The salary for the role is negotiable depending on experience; other benefits will include Enhanced Pension 3% EE & 6% ER, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Employee Healthcare Plan, Company Sick Pay, Bicycle to Work Scheme and Annual Flu Jab Voucher.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and empathy to be part of a business whose purpose is to change the face of the industry in the UK, come and work with us. Please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV and covering letter, including your email address and telephone number, as soon as possible. Please note you will need a full driving licence. We look forward to hearing from you.