Park Manager (Eternal Gardens)
Job Role: Park Manager
Hours per week: Full-time (including some weekends)
Job type: Permanent
Location: This role is based at Eternal Gardens London South, Kemnal Park, BR7 6RR, a Muslim burial facility.
If you’re looking for a role that will offer you the chance to serve the Ummah, gain reward within a much-needed service, as well as develop yourself within a management and leadership career then this is the job for you.
You will lead the team in achieving the park objectives, fulfil the local strategy in relation to all business stakeholders and ensure the smooth running of the park delivering excellent levels of service for all customers looking for an Islamic burial service.
To be part of a successful team in this varied role, you’ll need to have:
- Ensure the site team consistently promotes the highest standard of professional customer service
- To manage and motivate the team and ensure colleague welfare.
- Develop the team through coaching and training, recommending where external training is required
- Achieve sales targets through effectively solving family’s burial needs
- Support the continuous development of new products and services for the park
- Ensure way of working (WOW) are followed in maintaining the grounds to the standards set by the organisation
- Develop, set, and deliver robust park action plans to deliver the budget for the park
- Manage all costs in line with the budget, and drive efficiencies within the operational areas to meet targets.
- Responsible for the maintenance of OSH requirements instilling good techniques & standards across the Park
- Genuine enthusiasm, sensitivity and compassion for working with people during a very difficult time
- To be proactive and to show initiative – have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ensuring all company procedures regarding Health & Safety, risk assessments, first aid, safety procedures, safe storage of equipment, maintenance of company property, security, and the welfare for others are maintained at all times.
- Leadership skills
- Develop a good rapport with the Muslim community, especially with community leaders, Imams, and those who support the development of the organisation
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn the Islamic regulations around the services provided and work within the mainstream Muslim community framework
- Full driving license
Our Business: Our vision is to be recognised by families and partners as the leading cemetery and ceremonial service provider in the UK. We, therefore, promise to provide personalised service in a unique and caring environment for all our families and we are looking for exceptional people to join our team.
Enhanced Company Pension, Life Insurance, Health Care Plan, Flu Jab Vouchers, Employee Reward Scheme, and Cycle to Work Scheme
Short listing is carried out objectively by assessing the information you provide against the requirements of the job as set out in the vacancy details. If you are short listed, you will be contacted and invited to attend an interview.
We only accept applications with a covering letter. Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of their Right to Work in the UK and will be asked for two references.
We are an equal opportunities employer and if you require a reasonable adjustment or other assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example, due to disability, please contact Mr Asif Hassanali on 07795325446.