Deputy Park Manager (Cemetery)
Our Business: Our vision is to be recognised by families and partners as the leading cemetery and ceremonial service provider in the UK, changing the face of the industry in which we operate.
We therefore promise to provide a personalised service in a unique and caring environment for all our families and we are looking for exceptional people to join our team.
Where we are: We have sites all around the UK, but this role is based at GreenAcres Chiltern, Potkiln Lane, Jordans, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, HP9 2XB.
To assist in leading the team effectively to achieve Park objectives. To act as the main point of contact for prospective families, suppliers and Funeral Directors.
If you’re looking for a role that will offer you variety, the opportunity to meet people, and an amazing location to work in, we’ve got the job for you.
Ensure the Front of House Team delivers excellent customer service and the company aftercare policy. As a Deputy Park Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Front of House team and all its operations by providing an efficient and supportive environment for the team.
Skills and qualifications
To be part of a successful team in this varied role, you’ll need to have:
- The highest standard of customer care and the ability to find ways to improve a customer’s experience
- The ability to manage and motivate the team and ensure colleague welfare
- Conduct annual appraisals and the setting of SMART objectives and targets for the business
- Develop the team through coaching and training, recommending where external training is required
- Responsible for recruitment and retention of quality employees
- Achieve sales targets through effective solving of customer’s needs
- Assist with the continuous development of new products and services for the Park
- Manage all costs in line with the budget and drive efficiencies within the operational areas to meet targets
- Deliver and manage an effective aftercare program to enhance a customer’s experience
- Manage the events on site as required
- Ensure all administration and control processes associated with the service of the Park are followed
- Ensuring all company procedures regarding H&S, security and the welfare for others are maintained at all times
Short listing is carried out objectively by assessing the information you provide against the requirements of the job as set out in the vacancy details.
If you are short listed, you will be contacted and invited to attend an interview.
However, due to the high number of applications received, should you not hear from us within 48hrs after the closing date your application will have been unsuccessful.
You will be notified in writing of the next stage in the recruitment process and we will also tell you the details of what to expect at the interview.
Compliance Eligibility to Work in the UK. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working at GreenAcres. In reaching a decision we will take account; the nature of the work, the circumstances and background of the offence(s) and time elapsed.
We only accept applications with a covering letter. If you require a reasonable adjustment or other assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact Marisa Isaacs, Senior Operations Manager on 01494 872158. Closing date: 30th June 2021
GreenAcres appoints on merit.