Park Manager/Business Manager Woodland, Memorial Park – Epping
- Job Role: Park Manager/Business Manager, GreenAcres Group.
- Hours per week: 37.5 per week, over a flexible working contract (may include weekends).
- Location: This role is based in Epping Forest, and we are looking for a candidate who lives and works with an active presence within the larger community and catchment area.
- Salary: A market related and competitive salary (subject to experience) with a progressive approach to compensation scaling, as well as performance incentives.
- Role Type: Permanent.
- Closing Date: This vacancy will close when a suitable candidate is found.
GreenAcres is the largest privately owned mid-sized provider of bereavement services in the UK. We offer a sustainable alternative to traditional cemeteries through our beautiful woodland and traditional memorial parks. We operate six sites across the UK, including a single site multi-brand strategy at one of our operations.
We are owned by Darwin Alternative Investments and exist within a portfolio of businesses focused on the bereavement sector. The Darwin Bereavement Services Fund provides investors with a unique opportunity to generate long-term yield and uncorrelated returns through a portfolio of cemeteries, crematoria and other bereavement services assets. The fund acquires these assets from local authority councils as well as the private sector. For local authorities, this will provide them with much needed capital and remove the burden of management and ongoing maintenance and investment costs. The fund is designed to generate sustainable, long-term free cash flow, helping pension fund investors to meet the ongoing burden of paying pension liabilities.
GreenAcres provides a unique end of life experience for bereaved families, with a focus on preserving and enhancing the natural beauty of these serene locations, we provide families with a distinctive and often eco-friendly way to memorialise their loved ones. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a dedicated Park Manager to oversee our highest revenue generating park in the Epping area. GreenAcres has a positive track record as a thriving business and we are currently leveraging this strong historic performance to drive our next phase of growth. You will be joining in time to be a part of defining our next three years of growth, to participate and contribute towards that growth.
As the Park Manager of our Epping Forest woodland memorial park, you will play a critical role in managing and growing key business relationships. This role is heavily skewed towards account management and business-to-business (B2B) activities, ensuring that our park maintains its position as a top choice for individuals, families, and our community partners who are seeking distinctive, supportive environments for people to conduct their funeral services, interments or living memorials – gaining the support and choice they require through their entire bereavement journey.
As a Park Manager, you will be accountable for implementing the site management plans for our Epping Forest business. You will ensure the team consistently promotes the highest standard of professionalism by being supported with consideration, respect, motivation and quality training.
We do things differently. We offer choice, we listen to our customer’s needs and provide a personalised service with care for a diverse community and faiths. We respect and leverage the beauty of the British woodland, meadowland and natural environment. We are custodians of the spaces we operate within, ensuring investment, longevity and sustainability are key to our decision making. We help people to connect through life and loss, paying attention to remembrance, ritual, and pilgrimage, ensuring our parks are destinations families want to visit. We uniquely balance the equation of compassion and commerce ensuring we have a strong business delivering on our “now and forever” pledge to families.
- Account Management
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing customers, including funeral directors, memorial planners, charities, hospices, hospitals and other B2B partners.
- Ensure exceptional customer service and satisfaction among all customers, addressing their needs promptly and professionally.
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling services, giving families choice, and a supportive experience.
- Business Development:
- Identify and pursue new B2B opportunities to expand the park’s customer base and revenue streams.
- Establish visibility in the local community, actively working within and supporting local community partners.
- Develop and implement effective strategies to increase park commercial performance, ensuring our families have the best experience that supports their personal bereavement journeys, maximising our full product and services on offer.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to create targeted campaigns, promotional materials and commercial tools to enhance our relationships with our B2B partners.
- Park Operations:
- Oversee day-to-day park operations, including maintenance, landscaping, grounds and visitor services, to maintain the park’s high standards of quality and sustainability. Take accountability for the premium consumer experience while working with our Deputy Park manager who is responsible for daily onsite operations.
- Ensure all park facilities and amenities are well-maintained and meet safety and environmental standards.
- Manage staff across the park, including hiring, training, and performance evaluations.
- Financial Management:
- Prepare and manage the park’s budget, ensuring financial goals and targets are met.
- Monitor and analyse revenue and expense reports to identify areas for improvement and cost-saving measures.
- Implement pricing strategies and revenue optimisation tactics.
- Sustainability Focus:
- Promote and uphold the park’s commitment to sustainability and eco-friendliness.
- Explore and implement environmentally conscious practices and initiatives within park operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, or a related field.
- Proven experience in account management and B2B sales, preferably within the funeral or memorial services industry.
- Strong financial acumen with experience managing budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- At least 2-3 years of leadership and team management experience.
- A passion for sustainability and a commitment to maintaining the natural beauty of the park.
- Computer literate – competent with Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Interest in training and developing people, with care for their welfare.
- Support continuous development and improvement of services and processes for the park.
- Must live within the North East of London in close proximity to the park.
- Competitive salary based on experience. A progressive approach to compensation scaling over time based on result-driven contributions. Additional performance-based bonuses.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the bereavement services sector while promoting sustainability, the British natural environment and an alternative to traditional end of life solutions.
- Supportive work environment and opportunities for professional growth.
- Exceptional holiday entitlement of 33 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Enhanced Pension 6% ER & 3% EE
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Healthcare Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- Bicycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
- Annual Flu Jab Voucher
- Me day, a day off for your Birthday
- Interested candidates who meet the qualifications for this position are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter detailing their relevant experience and why they are a suitable candidate for this role.
- Shortlisted candidates will thereafter be invited to a screening interview with HR/Operations.
- Successful candidates will thereafter be invited to an interview and short presentation with our senior leadership team.
- However, due to the high number of applications expected, should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of your application you have unfortunately been unsuccessful.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Live within the proximity of the park (Epping Forest) with examples of local community participation.
- GreenAcres is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- GreenAcres appoint on merit.