Grounds Manager (Epping Forest)
Job type: Permanent full-time position
Hours per week: 37.5hrs per week
Location: This role is based at GreenAcres Epping, Kiln Road, North Weald, Epping, Essex CM16 6AD
Our vision is to be recognised by families and partners as the leading cemetery and ceremonial service provider in the UK, changing the face of the industry in which we operate. We therefore promise to provide a personalised service in a unique and caring environment for all our families and we are looking for exceptional people to join our team.
You will be responsible for leading the grounds team in implementing the site management plan and achieving park objectives. If you are looking for a role that will offer you variety, the opportunity to meet people and work in an amazing location, we’ve got the job for you! You will provide a safe and appealing grounds environment and enhanced customer experience and ensure all park regulations are adhered to in line with the company WOW (way of working) standards.
Skills and qualifications
- A good standard of customer care and the ability to promote the highest standard of professionalism
- Genuine enthusiasm, sensitivity and compassion for working with people during a very difficult time
- The ability to complete all duties relating to grounds maintenance, to include supervising/digging of graves, transportation to local crematoria, ash interments and ash scatterings
- Complete tree maintenance; felling, coppicing, pruning & chipping.
- Conduct annual appraisals and the setting of SMART objectives and targets for the business
- Develop the team through coaching and training, recommending where external training is required
- Responsible for recruitment and retention of quality employees
- You will be responsible for the surveying of plots and burial trees
- Delivery and input of the key projects relating to park events ensuring vision, mapping, costing, project planning and delivery are in line with deadlines and budgets
- Ensure all “landscaping” is completed; including planting, tree management, hedges, shrubs etc.
- Maintenance of buildings, facilities, equipment, site furniture and boiler.
- Manage all department costs to budget. PO management of all stocks and supplies for day to day use and all general department administration
- Ensuring all company procedures regarding H&S, risk assessments, first aid, safety procedures, safe storage of equipment, company property, security and the welfare for others
Short listing is carried out objectively by assessing the information you provide against the requirements of the job as set out in the vacancy details. If you are short listed, you will be contacted and invited to attend an interview. However, due to the high number of applications received, should you not hear from us within 48hrs after the closing date your application will have been unsuccessful.
You will be notified in writing of the next stage in the recruitment process and we will also tell you the details of what to expect at the interview.
Compliance Eligibility to Work in the UK. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working at GreenAcres. In reaching a decision we will take into account; the nature of the work, the circumstances and background of the offence(s) and time elapsed.
We only accept applications with a covering letter. If you require a reasonable adjustment or other assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact Marisa Isaacs, Senior Operations Manager, [email protected]
GreenAcres appoints on merit.