Grounds Manager (Colney)
Job type: Permanent full-time position
Hours per week: 37.5hrs per week
Location: Watton Road, Colney, Norwich, Norfolk NR4 7TY
Our vision is to be recognised by families and partners as the leading cemetery and ceremonial service provider in the UK, changing the face of the industry in which we operate. We therefore promise to provide a personalised service in a unique and caring environment for all our families and we are looking for exceptional people to join our team.
If you are looking for a role that will offer you variety, the opportunity to meet people, and an amazing location to work in, we have got the job for you. As a Grounds Manager you will: lead the Grounds Team effectively in implementing the site management plan and achieving park objectives; ensure all park regulations are adhered to; and provide a safe and appealing woodland environment for a meaningful and enhanced customer experience.
Skills and qualifications
To be part of a successful team in this varied role, you’ll need to have:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- The ability to be a flexible team player and a supportive colleague.
- Experience of land management and an ability to balance the needs of the landscape and wildlife with those of our customers and other stakeholders
- A can-do attitude and a respectful and professional demeanor
- Strong customer service skills
- A good understanding of Health & Safety procedures and practices
- Experience of budgeting, reporting, project planning, and the use of CRM systems
- Experience of leading and developing a team
- Knowledge of facilities management
- A good working knowledge of woodland management
- Experience of managing contractors and volunteers
- A calmness under pressure
- The ability to complete all duties relating to grounds maintenance, including digging and backfilling of graves. Excavator experience is highly desirable
- A full driving license
If you feel you have the relevant skills and empathy to be part of a business whose purpose is to change the face of the industry in the UK, come and work with us. Please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV, including your email address and telephone number. We look forward to hearing from you.
Compliance Eligibility to Work in the UK. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working at GreenAcres. In reaching a decision we will take into account; the nature of the work, the circumstances and background of the offence(s) and time elapsed.
We only accept applications with a covering letter. If you require a reasonable adjustment or other assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact Andy Wyles on [email protected] Closing date: 1 May 2022.
GreenAcres appoints on merit.